THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Wednesday, August 21, 2002
I think Garth Brooks has a song for everyone, and I don't just mean, "Friends in Low Places," either.
There are a few that make me remember or appreciate people in my life, like
"The River," reminds me to keep my dreams alive;
"Unanswered Prayers," reminisces over the stupidity of my high school years;
"If Tomorrow Never Comes," treasures everyone in my life
and "The Dance," makes me remember how much Rob taught me about The Real World.
Of course, I cannot forget to mention that R can play "In Lonesome Dove" on his guitar and sounds just like Garth, too.
One tune, She's Gonna Make It reminds me of Lulu, one of the strongest women I know. Every time I hear the song, my heart dedicates it to her, which may sound stupid, but you obviously don't know Lulu.
"After seven years of marriage
He wanted out
Now after seven months of freedom
It's clear that there's no doubt
She's gonna make it
And he never will
He's at the foot of the mountain
And she's over that hill
He's sinkin' at sea
And her sails are filled
She's gonna make it
And he never will
And you know it's not like she's forgot about him
She's just dealing with the pain
And the fact that she's survived so well without him
You know it's driving him insane." Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
8/21/2002 05:46:00 PM