weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Monday, August 19, 2002

I keep hearing about people using a "Swiffer" for cleaning.

The reasons:
1. It's supposedly faster.
2. It's supposedly easier.
3. It's supposedly better.

I sweep my floor with a broom then, wash my tiled kitchen and laundry room floors on my hands with a rag (usually an old holey sock - that has been through the wash) and a bowl, not bucket, of soapy water. This is a cheap and fast way to get my floors clean, the soap is just Dawn or Joy.

A big reason, which I never confronted until it was suggested that *I* use a "Swiffer," is that reusing a rag and simple dishsoap is environmentally good. Unfortunately, I was not able to find any type of info on Swiffer pads being biodegradeable.

"Swiffer," to me, makes as much sense as buying those jars of peanut butter and jelly combined, when you are already buying a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly.

Convenience isn't always a hyped new product and convenience shouldn't overrule common sense.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011