weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Friday, August 23, 2002

Friday Five:
1. What is your current occupation? Is this what you chose to be doing at this point in your life? Why or why not? Besides Mom and wife, I am a parttime personal assistant to a journalist. Yes, this is what I have chosen for now, it is fun and interesting and I adore my boss personally, as well as professionally.
2. If time/talent/money were no object, what would your dream occupation be? Dream occupations rarely ever stay that way, so I don't look in those terms. (I've worked with plenty of jerks who ruined a great work atmosphere.)
3. What did/do your parents do for a living? Has this had any influence on your career choices? My father was tool and die, my mom was parttime in non-skilled jobs until I was a teen. I cannot say they influenced my decisions.
4. Have you ever had to choose between having a career and having a family? Yes, that is how I got into my current position. R pretty much made told me to quit the job I was miserable in and he wanted to take care of me. It worked for a few months, but I missed the socialization and HE started to drive me up the wall. lol He wasn't gone for 3 hours on a biz trip before I had called the ad (ONLY ONE AD, TOO) in the local paper...that was 5 years ago.
5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why?Again, I know better than to believe the fairy tale of the grass being greener...many people assume cashiering or answering phones is easy, but they don't realize how hard it is to deal with the public constantly. I am not so arrogant that I will claim to comprehend the intricacies and pressures of 99.9% of the jobs out there.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011