THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, June 09, 2002
Rick, Karina and I went yard-saling today in search of a good mountain bike for Karina. She has completely outgrown her 20" girls bike and keeps borrowing mine.
We went to one sale where the woman claimed they had just about everything, "My mother died and I got everything! This sale is ONLY her stuff...we have a full 40-foot semi-trailer in the backyard!" So, I asked if they had a bike. Yep, they did, but it was in the trailer. I asked if I might be able to see it, but the gal asked me what I would pay. I replied, "$25. Actually, it depends...Can I see it?"
I nearly fell over when she said, "Oh, forget it. This is a BRAND NEW HUFFY! I sure won't GIVE it to you! Have a nice day!"
I was in shock. This woman didn't want to even show me the bike. Pretty interesting, this woman was in her mid-to late- 40's and HER MOM had a brand new Huffy?
Happy ending...we visited another sale less than an hour later and bought Karina a 24",15-speed, girls Huffy mountain bike that was only used for a year (the girl is driving now.) It is in excellent condition and even has a pastel-swirled frame. She loves it.