THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Monday, June 10, 2002
I'd better blog before Lisa's hands start typing stalking messages!
Lisa is finally part of THE IN CROWD. She's got GLASSES! It's funny, she is the second gal in two days to admit they are ecstatic about being in the "spec crowd." Karina's friend positively gloated over her new shades, which they become in sunlight. Oh-lala!
Poor Karina, she wants sooooooo badly to wear glasses like everyone else in the family: Rick, Cody, me, all of her grandparents, many of her friends. She has 20/20 vision, but wishes for snazzy frames. She has literally cried about being "DIFFERENT." She doesn't fully comprehend, despite my numerous explanations, that her vision is PERFECT. She is LUCKY! That's NOT the way she sees it, though.
Lisa's eyewear comes 20 years after me, but 10 before her parents. I got mine in 5th grade, the first in my group. Unlike most kids, I was VERY excited. Why? Because my parents, to their credit, actually let ME pick out MY glasses! I still have them: blue-grey speckled plastic frames. Unbroken and the script is pretty darn close to now! I always took very good care of each of my pairs, but one broke when I went through a windshield during a car accident, another split right in half as I was washing them one day. I loved that pair.
I've never seen glasses as a PITA, they are my "fashion accessory." I will NEVER give them up, even if I won a free Lasek procedure! They hide my hooked nose and draw attention from my large teeth. No way, Jose! I love my glasses and when I was in school, I was often the first person to find out that so-n-so was getting glasses because they would want to talk to me and hear POSITIVE things, not negativity or teasing. I faced a bit of teasing at first, but it stopped almost immediately because I was no fun to tease. I loved my glasses so much that my fancy rubbed off to the other fascinated kids.
Welcome to the club, Lisa...and please refer to your glasses as a "fashion accessory" or "sexy specs." Cuz, believe me, they are!
P.S. Rick LOVES glasses on ladies. Aren't I lucky? teehee Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
6/10/2002 10:59:00 PM