weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Monday, June 17, 2002

I admit, I am cheap and EZ.

I cut my own hair quite often (or I let Rick's mom), which really isn't a big deal because I know what I am doing (on myself.) It's not some intricate style, just snip-snip...snip-snip. Saves me quite a bit of money, too. I'm not fussy.

Friday afternoon, as I was packing up for the weekend jaunt, I got a wild hair to cut my hair. I did a basic trim real quick (like in less than 5 minutes), then called Karina in to help.

She was thrilled to be handed the scissors and allowed to trim the strays and straighten it out better. At first, she was a bit apprehensive, but she got into it and did a GREAT job! Cody was shocked, he couldn't believe I cut my hair myself, he couldn't believe I let Karina help and he was shocked at how nice it looked. Believe me, the child knows that stuff, it's his mother's training (salon trip at least once a week for hair and nails: he also can rattle off different types of manicures and color names.)

Rick's mom saw my short 'do yesterday and even commented on the "cute style." She was pretty darn impressed to know it was the work of Karina and me and NOT a salon.

As Karina was practicing her sign language on our drive today, she mentioned she might like to work in a salon. Even if it is just a blip on her career-wannabe screen, I know that little bit of trust I spontaneously gave her Friday afternoon meant more to her than I ever expected. The ensuing compliments are priceless.

I wonder if I will be able to afford her in 10 years?


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011