THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Thursday, June 20, 2002
Hey, Number99a@aol.com,
FYI, I did post the rest of your rant in a comment under the reception post, if you had bothered to SCROLL, you would have seen I also responded to you there. Just wondering, does it hurt to type with your striped panties in such a tight knot? I must have hit pretty darn close to home! teehee
For those interested, here is Commentor's e-mail to my previous post (my responses are in BOLD):
"Yes, I have raised 4 kids!!! (Should I be impressed? This is the Net, I don't believe much. You could be a Death-Row Inmate, who knows?) And they all know that judging others is Gods job not ours! (Spoken like a true convict...so you DON'T believe in the Court system?) They also learned that being kind is more important than being critical and selfish. (yeah yeah, yet another wannabe-reformed convict, find a PLAYGROUP!)
"I am not lacking 'parenting skills' here....you are! (tsk tsk...that is a judgment) You have a long way to go (another judgement, but *I* never claimed superior knowledge, did I?) and you would be smart (another judgment) to at least listen to someone that has been there (claims to be, but back to my convict theory) and not just be so one sided. (your side) (Nope, just one-sided YOUR way, right?)
“And you are raising your children to basically not care about their extended family by putting them (cousins) down and telling them how they should live! (I have NEVER told the cousins how to live, I have decided to not endorse this party and so has my husband.) How does this spread love? (I'm not cupid, stupid.) Rick cousin might want 'presence' in their life too, by sharing their happiness at their party! (The presence was requested with a direct PRESENT listed.) And just because YOU do not want to give them a gift of money is a sad way to extend your wishes to them......this is so shallow! (I NEVER said we wouldn't EVER give money, I said I'd asked about a registry, which there is none.)
“And, to use the excuse also that weddings are NOT a 'once in a lifetime' thing anymore is awful!! (So is your ignorance! Guess you don't know the high rate of remarriage?) What does this comment say about your marriage?? (Absolutely NOTHING, since I am a Second Wife.) That it isn't a 'once in a lifetime'. (Of course it's not, we could always have a tacky "second wedding" AKA renewal of vows.) Is this what you tell you daughter? (Nope, I'm honest, some people marry, some people don't; some people divorce and some don't. No biggie.)
“They didn't choose to have a wedding ceremony....remember? (Not true, they HAD their wedding ceremony, complete w/out the hassles of families and friends.)They eloped. Therefore they saved you some money! (Not true, we still have to spend money to attend the reception, bring food and stay overnight.) That seems to be so important to you! (Nah, I'm pretty bent about not being properly notified about hte nuptials BEFORE being asked to bring a dish, like it's MY responsibility to help put on THEIR party.) SO why not just go and share their day with some kindness ...... don't take a gift, Im sure they will understand. (Nope, we won't endorse their redneck wedding "bring food and money" reception for a wedding we cannot be sure even took place! We have similar party next month called a FAMILY REUNION.)
“Also why didn't you put my 'entire' comment on your web page??" Why don't you LOOK before your striped panties get all knotted?End of e-mail.
You know, you accuse ME of being judgmental, then proclaim it "God's job." YOU seem to be quite preachy and judgmental of me, which makes you a HYPOCRITE! Take your own advice! H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E! I bet you set similar wonderful examples for your kids when they were growing up. Proclaiming yourself equal to your own "God" seems like OOOOOOOLD hat to you. Hey, don't worry, I don't believe in YOUR pathetic idea of God, anyway.
My Comment section DOES work, so please don't bother to e-mail me with your rants again. I luv a good debate, but I can't stand amateurs who want a "playgroup." Wah wah. On my Blog, it's MY way. PERIOD!
Get yer own Blog! You are off mine now! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
6/20/2002 11:31:00 AM