weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Wednesday, May 01, 2002

Today, I heard that an 18-year-old girl committed suicide by driving her car into a truck on the freeway

I think what she did was extremely cruel. Committing suicide is one thing, but unwillingly involving another person is just disgusting. That truck driver will never forget that he was involved in an accident which someone was killed. His pain, his memories, his anger...he is INNOCENTLY left with those.

Right after I got out of high school, a girlfriend of mine was hit head-on by a woman committing suicide. I believe the impact of both vehicles was over 100 mph. The woman died, but my friend did not. Instead, she was in the hospital for quite a while with multiple injuries. If memory serves me correctly, she was, at times, extremely close to death, also.

Every bone in her face was broken and it took years of surgeries to get her face back to recognizable. She had very little facial movement and expression, though. I don't believe she will ever be back to "pre-accident" condition.

All because some woman wanted to kill herself AND was too chicken to do it alone. Instead, she wanted to be a murderer. I fully believe in being allowed to commit suicide, who am I to tell anyone they HAVE to live?!!? I am against murder. I am against involving other innocent victims who don't have a choice or a clue. And, her blaming her X, was pretty rotten, also. SHE chose to kill herself, not him. She made her own choice. Live, or die, with it.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011