weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Monday, May 20, 2002

Shamelessly lifted from iCan.com and their 2002 Power Tour coverage.
1. What was your first car? 1979 AMC Concorde in burnt orange.
2. What is your dream car? I drive it now...my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I had wanted a Jeep since High School and Rick bought me one. YAY!
3. What is your favorite gas station food for road trips? BBQ Fritos and a Diet Pepsi; Oreos, if I am in a sweets mood.
4. What's your music choice while driving along the open road? Journey's "Greatest Hits" or "Raised on Radio."
5. What was your most memorable road trip? Me, Lisa, Nina and Sabrina driving from Yale to Mio for the weekend. We took Nina and Sabrina's mom's car and they packed EVERYTHING! Lisa and I each brought a bag, but they had the trunk filled!
Nina insisted on driving, but she refused to take any freeways. So, we had to go backroads, which added a few hours onto our trip. Nina also didn't know the route, but I did (from years of my father taking "the scenic route"), so I navigated. No biggie, just kinda funny. Not long into our trip, a bird flew into the car and died. teehee Nina was not amused.
Nina, ever the control freak, also insisted on being in charge of the radio/music selection. I swear on my bags of Cheetos, we listened to Bon Jovi and the theme to "Friends" for 75% of the trip each way! I love Nina still, but she was a bit obsessive. The three of us had to gang up on her to get her damn music changed! lol Then, it was just for a song and back to Bon Jovi.
We bought a Playgirl magazine and Nina and Sabrina freaked out.
We ate ALOT. Chips Ahoy cookies dipped in chocolate frosting, Slim Jims, Hostess, Cheetos...
That was THE trip! I hope Karina has one with her girlfriends someday.



Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011