weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Friday, May 10, 2002

No Friday Five this week!

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary. We have nothing planned, not even a gift exchange, except our usual routine - work. I am needed to work late and by the time I get home, in horrendous Friday "heading-up-north-for-the-weekend" traffic and road (de)construction, I surely won't be in the mood to do anything beyond picking up our pizza and hot buffalo wings, anyway.

Yeppers, I am grumpy today. Yesterday, I noticed I was losing my voice and my throat was sore. Today, I also have a stiff neck and headache. I hate being sick! At least the timing is a bit better - this happening exactly a week ago, when I was visiting Lisa, would have SUCKED!

It doesn't help that my desire to visit the Tulip Time festival in Holland, Mich., has been dashed entirely. We are in for a weekend of rain and thunder and rain and cold. That type of weather is great for sleeping, but lousy for conquering feeling sick.

And if anyone else asks, "What are you doing for Mother's Day?", I swear I will scream! Last I remembered, I am a mother EVERY day! Thankfully, I don't subscribe to the belief that I get one day each year to be "special"! Nah, I prefer to be appreciated in little ways EVERY day.

Mother's Day is such a ripoff! Over-priced flowers, crowded restaurants, expensive presents, ridiculous Hallmark cards...they don't make me feel loved.

I am not unlike Anna Jarvis, the woman who brought it to official recognition. "I wanted it to be a day of sentiment, not profit!"

Yeah, then Hallmark gets hold of it!


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011