THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
My mother had me watching soap operas way before I started kindergarten. I remember Morgan Fairchild on "Search for Tomorrow." I remember when "All My Chidren" was only 30 minutes, then was expanded to an hour!
I started watching Guiding Light in 1983 - at the beginning of the "Philip" and "Beth" teenage saga. I watched GL almost daily for 10 years. For the next two years, it was occasionally. Since 1995, it has been almost nil.
But, I keep up on it by reading the TV Guide daily updates. Weird thing is, I know almost all of today's characters from viewing 10-15 years ago!
Sometimes I wonder if watching soap operas shaped my younger years too much. My life WAS a soap opera for a long while. I thrived on tension, tragedy and excitement. Since hindsight is 20/20, I now realize that *I* was mimicking the dramatics on the show, except I had REALITY to deal with, not scripts.
I hurt a lot of people, especially guys, with my games. I wasn't very nice and still cringe at the harsh memories. My actions had consequences that weren't forgotten after just two shows.
Guiding Light seems to be stuck in the same place it was nearly 20 years ago, 15 years ago, even 10 years ago. Thankfully, I have learned from my mistakes...the characters on the show probably never will, because if they do, they won't have the drama to sustain the soap.
And, like me, they would either get demoted to "recurring status" or bumped entirely. Which is NOT a bad thing! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
5/13/2002 05:57:00 AM