weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Monday, May 06, 2002

I have to quit using the nickname: "Northworst," for the airline.

My flight home last night could not have been better! It was prompt and smooth, unlike the one down on AirTrans, which was a bit bumpy (due to weather in Chattanooga), but we were also late getting out because of security checks. I know plenty of people were headed down to Atlanta for the Music Midtown festival, but they SHOULD have realized it (SINCE THE FLIGHT WAS BOOKED SOLID!)

This time, I had the aisle seat, which was fine. My seatmates were, coincidentally, the same snobby older couple who rode next to us on MARTA on the way in! I would not have been sure, but her engagement ring diamond was HUGE and I recognized the bauble from when I silently motioned to Lisa about it. When we got off MARTA, I commented to Lisa that she was STUPID to be wearing it as a tourist. Oh well, FLASH does not = CLASS.

They were, fortunately, incredibly quiet. We just said, "Hi!" and didn't speak again, which was fine with me. I don't care to get all chatty, sometimes, especially when I have a good book to read.

I had a short layover at Detroit Metro and got to check out the new terminal while going from a low-number gate to nearly the other end. I will admit, it IS nice...for Metro, but it SUCKS ROYALLY compared to Atlanta Hartsfield! No surprise there, tho.

When I got to my check-in, the gentleman was very nice and polite. I had my ticket all ready, along with my driver's license. We chatted a few moments, then he said, "I will see you in about 15 minutes." I sat down and ate a bit of brownie (Lisa sweetly packed me a ToGo bag of munchies), then got the boarding call. Strangely, though, my name was CALLED out, along with another gal. We walked back up to the Northwest gentleman, who smiled and said, "Here you go ladies, enjoy your new seating!"

We had been bumped up to FIRST CLASS! WOOHOO!!! She and I were a bit confused, but NOT going to question it. OK, they had extra seats and standby passengers, obviously!

Still, we were grateful and gracious. My new seatmate and I giggled and exchanged stories, then realized it was our smiles, our readiness and our attitudes that got us bumped up...all without knowing it! We both had everything all prepared when we initially reached the gentleman, which probably made us stand out to him. Dunno for sure, but it is a nice thought, right?

My connecting flight was just 20 minutes in the air, but my entire attitude about Northwest has changed substantially. I won't be bashing them in the near future, which makes for great and cheap PR for them, right?

WIN-WIN!


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011