THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, May 19, 2002
After Clones, Karina had a karate exhibition with her class (and a few others) at our local mall. After that was over, she ditched us to spend the night at her best friend's house, which just happens to be the same house that Rick's Grandparents owned and lived in when they all lived in the area! Pretty kewl coincidence, eh?
Rick has been recovering from being sick all week, so he slept a bit before dinner. I knew he wouldn't make it through any DVD after the 8:30 meal, so I asked Cody if he would like to go see, "Spiderman." Of course he did, even without his dad, lol. I promised that if his dad was asleep by 10:30, we could make the show. While Cody cleared the table, I whispered to Rick, "If you go to sleep soon, Cody and I will go see 'Spiderman,' OK?" He grabbed a pillow and blanket and zonked contentedly.
We ended up hitting the 10:30 show and saw the awesome trailer for MIB2, Mr. Deeds (Adam Sandler) and Scooby Doo. Now, we have a TON of movies to visit this summer, since Rick also wants to see Minority Report (Tom Cruise) and Goldmember (Austin Powers.) Some movies just HAVE to be seen in the theatre!
Anyway, about Spiderman...I wish I could say it was a great movie, but I think seeing Clones first ruined it. I'd have to give it 6 stars. I could tell the choppy cuts btwn animation and real-live. Also, Kirsten Dunst was TOO much of a ditz, does she HAVE to tilt her head every time she looks at someone or says something?!!? She was also the stereo-typical teenage girl...in love with a different guy every week and totally impressed by cars. I was OUT of that stage in high school!
I really have to take issue with some of the "goofs" that are out there. For example, it has been reported that a big one is the Thanksgiving meal, when Norman Osborn (aka The Green Goblin) refers to Peter's aunt as "Aunt Mae" when he walks in the door. True, when he leaves, he calls her, "Mrs. Parker." Goof, right?
ONLY if you haven't watched the entire scene, where he begins to experience the overpowering change into The Green Goblin when he realizes Peter is Spiderman. Then, Aunt Mae kinda pisses him off when she scolds him for taking a nibble of marshmallow. The fact that he treated everyone differently and the Green Goblin persona didn't want to be familiar with any of them COMPLETELY explains the name switch.
It was a good movie and we will get it on DVD, but I wouldn't consider a second showing of it at the theatre. The Peter and MJ characters look and behave too immature, I'm not impressed with either actor's acting capabilities. I wasn't impressed with Harry Osborn, Peter's best friend and roommate, (who didn't know Dad was the Green Goblin), swearing revenge on Spidey. Yeah, yeah.
Cody, of course, gave it 10 stars. He loved the movie AND the fact that we didn't get home until well after 1 a.m.! Yep, to a kid, that is pretty darn impressive, even Clones can't compete there! lolol Oh well, it was great for he and I to have some fun together. I greatly enjoyed his company. Guess with all that figured in, Spidey would get 8 stars from me. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
5/19/2002 09:51:00 AM