THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Friday, March 29, 2002
Remember the huge rumor last summer about Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake getting into a car accident and dying? The radio duo who concocted the story, Kramer and Twitch, were fired by their station in San Jose and almost immediately picked up by WKRK, the talk radio station that I love. I cannot tolerate Kramer and Twitch, they are too idiotic for anyone with an IQ higher than tree bark.
Kramer and Twitch were allegedly fired today for an unauthorized stunt they pulled. Would K&T really get a guy drunk and let him shoot off his toe with his own gun in the radio station's parking lot? Kramer and Twitch are morons, but I admit, they are also pretty devious. The firing was the hot topic on D&D, who devoted more than an hour on it. Their Program Director, Terry Lieberman, even put a statement on their Web site defending his decision. And that is all you get when you click on their link.
But...plenty of regs are calling it an April Fool's Hoax, not believing them after a New Year's prank they pulled earlier this year. (Something about the radio station changing from their Talk format to a Classic Rock format.)
I'm crossing my fingers that it is NOT a joke, but all considering, wouldn't be surprised if it was a publicity stunt.
On another note, I thought of a few more "celebrities" I have actually spoken with face-to-face:
Mateen Cleaves, former Detroit Piston, currently with the Sacramento Kings;
Ed Tyll, nationally syndicated radio talkshow host;
Bill Doyle & "Beaver" (sticking tongue out at Tally), local-but-top-rated radio talk show hosts (Deminiski was out of town);
James Blanchard, former Michigan Governor and U.S. Ambassador to Canada;
Frank Turner and Robbie Timmons, TV news anchors in Detroit.
The ONE person I would love to meet, but never have, is former WXYZ-TV news anchor Bill Bonds. I had the biggest crush on the guy for YEARS (so what if he IS 40 years older?), and idolized the man. I watched him every single night and he taught me the value of playing "devil's advocate." Many poeple hate debating with me because I can passionately and intelligently argue both sides of an issue.
Dayam, he was SEXY...even when he was trying to get Mayor Coleman Young to get in a boxing match with him. teehee Granted, Bill had a drinking problem, but when he was HOT, HE WAS HOT!!!
Can't forget to mention that Bill had a bit part in the original "Planet of the Apes" movie. Not impressed? Don't blame ya. His co-anchor for many years was Diana Lewis, who was the reporter in Rocky and Rocky V, among other guest spots on TV shows.
Bill is pretty much off the air, except for an occasional Art Van Furniture TV commercial or the radio spots for Better Made potato chips. How sad! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
3/29/2002 10:17:00 PM