THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Thursday, March 28, 2002
I really hate dishonesty.
I hate when someone is asked a straightforward question, and they answer with a prepared speech that means nothing. It sounds much more stupid to talk in circles, than to just admit, "Gee, I don't know."
We hear/read it all the time on the news. We hear/read it all the time with our politicians. We hear it all the time in real life, too. How many times have you walked away from your boss 20 minutes later thinking, "That lunkhead didn't even get close to answering my question!"
I remember when I was in the corporate world and had to deal with this type of situation on nearly a daily basis. After my bosses would finish their harangue, I would smile and say, "Thank you for that info," and repeat my question much s-l-o-w-e-r. At my last job, the biz had three owners who I had to do their appointment scheduling. I had to know when they would be taking days off and going on vacation, and it was often like pulling teeth from a T-Rex! I would get their family history, how much time they worked, how many years it had been since they had had a "real vacation," etc. When they finished, I would just ask again, "OK...so, exactly what dates are you going to be gone next week? Monday through Friday?"
I have very little respect for those who try to insult my intelligence with their loop-de-loop talk. Please, I know a shyster response from a real answer. I also know honesty from dishonesty. It is difficult to respect or believe someone who can look you in the eye and completely evade a simple question.
Ahhhhhh...I am sooooooo glad to be out of the corporate world! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
3/28/2002 06:03:00 AM