THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Wednesday, March 27, 2002
I know I will probably get flamed via e-mail, but I have to be totally honest.
I smell something fishy in the Oscar wins for Halle Berry and Denzel Washington. A scandal about ballots would not surprise me in the least.
It is much too perfect. Too coincidental AFTER the uproar of black actors not being "properly represented" in the last few weeks, AFTER the ballots had to be in. Then, suddenly, black actors take the top Leading Actor/Actress categories. WOW!!!
I know it is a feel-good kind of story and one that many people do not want to acknowledge could have been rigged. I am NOT saying Halle and Denzel did not deserve to win, either. I am extremely suspicious of "perfectly gift-wrapped presents," and this definitely falls into that category.
As a Mexican, I do not feel like Hispanics have been "overlooked" by Hollywood. I don't like the quota system, to me, it is unfair and feeds racism and discrimination more. If John Grisham did not want Will Smith in his new movie, "The Runaway Jury," then so be it. Maybe Grisham is prejudiced, but remember, Denzel was the lead in, "The Pelican Brief."
Sure, they did not go by the book and put him and Julia Roberts into a romance, but I liked it better that way. I thought the book was a bit trivial on Julia's character--her lover was murdered and in a few weeks time, she falls in love again and runs away with her newest knight in shining armor.