THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Ethnicity almost always plays a huge part in the cost of adopting a baby. Even adoption officials admit the discrepancy is due to "supply and demand." "White" babies are difficult to come by and generally have the highest price tag, whereas nonwhite infants are considerably cheaper.
Adoption laws are on a state-by-state basis, not federally governed. Only 4 states prohibit private adoptions, but 3 of states do allow waivers. In some states, prospective parents may have to pay the living expenses and/or medical expenses for the pregnant mother. Gay couples and transracial infant adoptions are routinely discriminated against.
In Washington, the Antioch Bible Church has started its own adoption agency, with the exception of a paid director, is run by volunteers. The Reverend Ken Hutcherson wants uniformity by way of adoption laws and hopefully, will be able to pull out his billboard campaign to get people thinking.
White baby: $35,000
Latino baby: $10,000
Black baby: $4,000
I think it is time the laws changed. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
3/13/2002 06:49:00 AM