weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Friday, March 29, 2002

Friday Five
1. If you could eat dinner with and "get to know" one famous person (living or dead), who would you choose? Michael J. Fox, in a heartbeat. He never fit the Hollywood role of "hunky, egotistical star." He has been happily married for nearly 15 years, has kids and has a LIFE away from Hollywood. His revelation of Parkinson's disease and still being a public figure, not going into hiding, is truly inspiring. I had never known anyone with Parkinson's, so it has been enlightening to me. Honestly, he looks like the same ol' Alex Keaton/Marty McFly to me! teehee
2. Has the death of a famous person ever had an effect on you? Who was it and how did you feel? Besides Jim Henson? Not to sound lame, but Princess Diana's death hit me hard as a mother. I heard Saturday evening that "she had been in a car accident, but was OK," but I *knew* she was dead (and told my inlaws), even though it was not announced until the next morning (which freaked out my inlaws.) I ached for the pain her children must have been going through losing their mother, knowing she had been killed because some idiot wanted a picture. And, to make matters worse, her death was such a public spectacle, not a private affair. There was so much PUBLIC tension between Diana's family and the Royals...the poor boys. Also, the day she was buried, we buried Rick's cousin who had been killed in a truck accident.
3. If you could BE a famous person for 24 hours, who would you choose? I would not want to BE anyone else...I'd have to adopt their nasty habits/addictions or put up with papparazzi! My luck, I would choose a person who had a hidden cocaine habit or having an affair with someone N-A-S-T-Y! I would perfer to be famous for 24 hours being MYSELF, then again...so many skeletons, so few closets!
4. Do people ever tell you that you look like someone famous? Who? Nope, not really.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Bethany and I met and had our picture taken with then-President Clinton. The picture made it into a few newspapers, too! I met David Toma ("Tough Love") when I was in junior high. I have spoken with Geoffrey Feiger and Jack Kevorkian on the phone, and Bill Lambeer, who were clients at my old job. I met "Eminem" at a grad party. He was friends with my high school boyfriend's cousin. Wasn't impressed with him then, either.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011