weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Monday, March 25, 2002

Anyone else find something EXTREMELY tacky during the Oscars last night?

I have to wonder about the people who decide on the Academy Award speakers...exactly which drugs were they sharing during the decision-making process? I would hate to think they are just cruel and heartless bastards.

I am referring to their decision to have a disheveled-looking Tom Cruise on stage at all, especially for something as ridiculous as presenting a short on, "Which movies mean something to me." Oh, please! It's not like Tom prepared his own monologue, it could have recited done by ANYONE.

C'mon, Nicole Kidman was a "Best Actress in a Leading Role" candidate! It was VERY low-class to bring him on. What were they hoping for, a Springer episode? This should have been Nicole's night to shine, AWAY from her X, but maybe Tom could not take it? He could have been a gentleman and declined the onstage invite, right?

I seriously doubt that Mimi Rogers was asked to be onstage during the 1997 Academy Awards, when her former husband, Tom Cruise, was nominated for Best Actor for his role in, "Jerry Maguire."

Geez, how come Tom didn't show up as a presenter at the Razzie Awards on Saturday night, where his current girliefriend was, deservedly, nominated for "Worst Actress"? Irony at its finest.

Well, with his new look, 3-day shadow and teenage boy fluff-hairdo, maybe he can be a Backstreet Boy next? Then again, I doubt Tom Cruise is the type of real man who can laugh at himself.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011