weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Sunday, January 13, 2002

We still had a bit of snow on the ground this afternoon when I put some burgers on our grill.

Hard to believe that when I bought the huge CharBroil grill (3 racks, separate side burners and a funky thingy) last spring for Rick, that I refused to cook on it. Something about grills always scared me, maybe because my mother refused to cook on one, but my curiosity got the best of me after about 2 weeks and I tried it when Rick wasn't home.

It was soooooo liberating to not have pan handles in the way! Or pans to wash after. Woohoo!!!

I'm addicted.

Since we got it nearly a year ago, burgers have been made in the house only once. Our food was grilled almost all last summer: chops, steaks, chicken and burgers. I'd never made shish kabobs before, but they were a main menu staple for us last summer--steak and chicken with cut-up green, red and yellow peppers, vidalia onions, fresh mushrooms and red potatoes. I would marinate them in fat-free Italian dressing in the fridge all day long...mmmmmm...

It's not just my prime cooking method that has changed dramatically for me. Rick and I tend to flavor our grilled meat with lemon pepper. I'm not big on pepper, but I absolutely love the lemony seasoning. (Tip: goes great in mashed potatoes, too.)

Even I surprise myself.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011