THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Monday, January 14, 2002
Oops! I think I opened a whole can of worms by accident!
It seems that SOMEBODY told Grandpa that Rick's cousin Mark got married to his girlfriend, Heidi. Well, he didn't..they were supposed to get married this March, but they cancelled the wedding last year when her Dad closed the place they both worked in (he was an engineer, she was a secretary.) Now, M&H are saying that if and when they get married, it will be an elopement. No biggie. "Living in sin" just isn't what it used to be. teehee
When we walked in last night, Grandpa was on the phone with Mark. Rick and I thought it was Mark's brother, Mike, who IS married. Grandpa was having a heck of a time with cooped-up dementia last night because he can't tell if it is day or night, what day it is, etc. He really kept messing names up, too.
Rick and I don't "Uh-huh" Grandpa when he makes a mistake, we try to correct him because if we don't, he WILL start believing it is the new person. And that gets really confusing for EVERYONE and it's really not fair to him to be treated like he's stupid.
But, Grandpa was adament with me that I "missed the boat. M&H have been married for YEARS!" (Interesting, since they met only 2 years ago, but even Mark's parents have upped that to "at least 3 years.") Grandpa had the rest of the details perfect, too: "Mark married the boss' daughter" and "they got married in a church in Detroit, but I couldn't go." He knew exactly who he was talking about, so Rick and I believe that someone either just said, "Uh-huh" and thought he'd forget or someone WANTED him to believe they had gotten married and were not "living in sin."