weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, January 29, 2002

I'm in PAIN today!

Picture this:
It's 11:15 p.m., I am letting Simba in from last (bathroom) call. I lean out the door so he can get up the step, the door moves a bit too quick, I am stretched too far and I nearly fall. Luckily, I manage to catch myself with my other arm. OWWW!!! I fell a sharp pain btwn my left shoulder blade and spine.

It hurts to move then, it still hurts today. I slept on the warm waterbed (yes, with Rick...my tantrum will have to wait) to help soothe it, but my usual trick didn't work.

Sitting, standing, laying, breathing...everything just hurts. Even with normal breathing, the pain is there and seems to almost move around my side and into my upper front ribcage.

If I were Rick, I'd have taken off work for the rest of the week and gone to the doctor for pain pills. I'd be laying on the couch, unable to do anything but reach for the 7 remotes and change DVDs. And moan on cue.

Instead, I got up like normal for Rick, drove Karina to school, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and will vacuum after this post. I have been resting some, but only because I know I have to be ready to take Simba to the vet and groomer this afternoon and help Karina's drama club prepare for their Thursday performance.

Pain or not, my life continues at full throttle.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011