weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Wednesday, January 09, 2002

I spent almost all of yesterday at the hospital. After dropping Karina off at school, I headed up immediately. Arriving at 8:30, I was the first one there and too early for visiting hours, but I went up to his floor and found out they had scheduled his heart cath for 1:30. Without being asked, I went back down to the main lobby. I called to update Rick and Dad. Aunt Pat and Uncle Jerry came in a bit after 9 and they immediately went up, since they had Grandpa's change of clothes, toiletries and razor. Uncle Larry arrived an hour later.

Grandpa was kept very drugged yesterday. His test was late, and he couldn't eat or drink before, so they put him in dreamland. He REALLY needs to eat, he's only about 110 lbs. and is over 6 ft. still.

Mom and Dad showed up at 1, since Mom had to go into work for a few hours. For the second time in two weeks, Dad had gotten pulled over for speeding, but didn't get a ticket. I don't know when he learned to speed recently, he's usually the guy on the freeway going 20 less than the speed limit!

Rick picked Karina from drama and came up about 4:15...moments before the returned Grandpa to his room. Of course, they had not found anything, "he's 90...his body is old and tired." Ok, I cannot begin to understand that, since some doctor, it must have been the resident on duty, is now saying he did NOT have a heart attack, he had "heart stress." His EKGs were abnormal, granted, but hey, the techs and doctor who did his cath could not even tell Grandpa has had previous bypass! Oh, they "didn't see his records."

Today is going to be a big pissing match btwn his regular doctor and the family. I have to work, but Uncle Larry, who is retired, is going up to deal with it, since he is listed as "next of kin."

UGH! Have to run now.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011