THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Friday, January 25, 2002
I caught myself humming, "Georgia On My Mind" driving home this afternoon.
Lisa, my best friend who lives in Atlanta, and I spent more than an hour on the phone last night, which was true therapy for me. Both of us thought it would be the greatest if I could be down for her 31st birthday party in May and I have decided that I am going to save a few bucks and DO IT! Poor Lisa had a terrible 30th bday last year. (Sorry, cannot giving those details.) Plus, this is the same woman who spent her 26th birthday in airports, including the terrible Detro Metro, in order to get to Michigan to be the matron of honor in MY wedding. Who could be a better best friend?!!?
Today, Lisa and a friend flew up to Philly on a "long weekend" to visit some other friends. Am I mad that she didn't fly to see me instead? Nope, she needed a vacation immediately. I am, however, envious of her other friends for getting time with her NOW. LUCKY!!! I hope they realize how truly lucky they are.
But, Lisa wants to fly up this spring and spend a WEEK here with ME! Oh, yeah! Rick is pretty excited about it, too. He positively adores Lisa, who was his biggest champion early in our relationship.
Now, when we get together, it is going to be so much more fun. We both know out-of-the-way cool places to show off, me here in metro Detroit and her in Atlanta.
And, I have to give Rick a lot of credit. Unlike quite a few other husbands/boyfriends I know, he has no problem with me traveling without him. I don't need him for "protection."