THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Friday, November 02, 2001
What I was doing was not unlike gawkers passing by an accident scene.
Yesterday morning, on the way home from driving Karina to school, I listened to the Q95.5 morning show, Mojo in the Morning. They were doing "The Battle of the Roses" and I, like many other in the metro Detroit area listened as a married man admitted that his wife's girlfriends told him she was cheating on him with another guy.
Sara, a cohost, called the wife pretending to be from a new flower company and offered to send flowers FOR FREE to anyone. Well, the wife fell for it after a bit of coaxing. While her husband was listening on the other end of the line, the unknowing woman said to have the flowers sent to the OTHER guy with LOVE in the signature. As soon as Mojo came on and told the woman the situation, she hung up. The husband, of course, was stoic, but devastated, so the station went to some music "while a call was made."
I sat in my Jeep, listening until then, and just couldn't take it anymore. I felt dirty and ashamed to be entertained by someone else's pain, even though he had willingly put himself on display. The man hoped to be proven wrong, it's not like he was doing this for money or even a toaster oven door prize.
And, what REALLY dumbfounds me is the wife, who obviously has never heard the old saying, "If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is!" Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
11/02/2001 11:11:00 PM