weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, November 17, 2001

Girls night out.

Karina and I spent the whole day together, except in SuperWal-Mart, while I grocery shopped, she browsed the toys. We love SuperWal-Mart in Howell, it seems like I always bump into someone I know, which is pretty rare! Today, I ran into the wife of Rick's former boss. It has been about 4 years since I've seen her or her husband, Dave. Vicki is a blast, we chatted about our kids and exchanged business cards. I know we will be getting together because we only live a few miles apart now.

This evening, Karina and I did the town, preteen style. We had dinner at Ryan's, which is a steakhouse/buffet. It's not bad, in fact, it's quite good with the selections. Definitely not fine dining, but that was not part of our mission to stuff ourselves silly. We each had a plate of boring dinner-stuff, then two plates of desserts each. Cake, cookies, pies, ice cream cones...yummmmmm!

After that, we went to watch the 8:15 p.m. showing of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It was pretty good, but a bit long. Karina highly suggests reading the books first and I agree, since there seemed to be quite a few parts that made me think, "Huh?". Overall, in my opinion, it was better than Jurassic Park 3, but not as good as The Mummy Returns. Karina proclaimed it her new favorite movie.

Honestly, the real treat for me was seeing the trailer to "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones." You can bet that my family will be seeing "Clones" the day it opens!

"Girls' night out" just ended with Karina going to bed. She put her ticket stub in her Harry Potter scrapbook. And she bestowed upon me the Best Mommy Dearest title, not for taking her to see HP, but for enjoying it along with her. She didn't feel like a "little kid."

Pretty soon, Karina's "girls' night out" won't be spent with me, but instead with her friends. Right now, I'm taking every moment I can. Tonight was just a flashy title for us to create a few more memories.

Shhhhhh...don't tell her.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011